Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Holidays and Term 4

As of Monday, I started Term 4. Here, terms are the same thing as quarters. But, what does this mean? It means that I am HALF way done with my school here in Australia (I am only doing terms 3 and 4). Wow, time has flown by! Here, everything follows the terms. So this term I have different activities. (Tennis, Art, softball)
     I am sorry that it has taken me so long to write, But, because it is the start of term, my goal is to blog more. So here it is.
     Between every term we have a 2 week break. Last “Holiday” we went to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Melbourne (the other big city like Sydney). We all had a great time. But, my favourite part was when we went camping in Alice Springs. We had a wonderful group. After three days and two nights of sleeping under the stars we became pretty close. Our guide was great fun too. Even though we hiked everyday (I think that hiking can be a little boring) I thought it was fun. While we were walking we not only saw really neat sights, but also saw learned about the people. Overall the best memory of the trip was sleeping under the stars. We had not tent! But, every morning we got up at 5!
I don't have any camping pictures, yet. But I saw both my first(of many) WILD koalas and Kangaroo! I fell like an Aussie now! :)
Here is one of the many koalas!

No comments:

Post a Comment